Friday, October 12, 2012

What Happens if a Cat Poops in the Madagascar Dragon Plant ?

This summer I did my daughter and her family a favor and when they went out of town I kittysat. I took care of Honey comb, the orange tiger.  I had a box of litter out for her but she liked the feel and texture of the potting soil in my Madagascar Dragon plant. I thought that it was going to become ill after she urinated and defecated in the houseplant dirt.  The day after it happened the plant looked a little wilty...so I watered it heavily (I had scooped out the kitty poo that I could identify) hoping I could reduce the damage by "flushing" the nitrogen out.

I was very surprised about two weeks later...



The Madagascar Dragon sprouted three new shoots!  When a houseplant, such as this, which has gone years without side branches or new growth just pops out new shoots it is a major event!

The above picture was taken in August.  Below are photos from tonight.  It has grown very well.






The plant on the right hand side, the singleton, I bought in 2004 when I lived in my apartment after my divorce. I brought it home when it was about 10 inches tall!  The two together on the left I bought at the annual church big yard sale, for 10 dollars,  I thought the singleton needed company.  Now they are a happy little Madagascar Dragon family!

I guess this sequence of events could be interpreted very philosophically!  A negative occurrence might actually have an unexpected great outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment